Very little LBC - Tool observation

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Very little LBC - Tool observation
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 16:09:06 -0400
OK, pretty irrelevant but I thought this was kind of interesting and some of
you may get a kick out of it. I'm doing some remodeling in the basement and
need to drill a bunch of holes in concrete, so I went to Lowe's to buy a
hammer drill. Didn't want to spend a lot, so I narrowed it down to three
choices - Black & Decker, Hitachi, and Makita. All under $100. What was
amusing was where they were made -

Black & Decker - Mexico
Hitachi - China
Makita - ENGLAND(!) (Guess it would be a LBT - Little British Tool)

Anyway, kind of hate to admit it but I ended up with the Hitachi - middle of
the pack both in cost and apparent quality. Would have preferred the Makita,
but couldn't really justify the added $30 over the Hitachi.

For a little LBC - it's been a really nice week here around my new
house. Been driving the Midget to work about all week. Nice days, twisty
country roads - I FINALLY feel like I can enjoy this car the way I should!
Much more fun that it was in Northern VA. My daughter started kindergarten
this week too - keeps wanting me to take her to school in "daddy's little
tiny car"! Maybe tomorrow ;-)

Eddie
1971 Midget "Bebop"