Carb conversion

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: Carb conversion
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 12:48:52 EDT
I have a set of HS4's off a 1967 MGBGT that I have cleaned up and am getting
ready to overhaul to place on my 1500 engine. I also have the manifold from
an English Spitfire.  Two questions.

First, The original installation had the carbs set at an angle.  The 1500
manifold has the carbs level.  That means the float bowls will sit at an
angle on the 1500, which seems to me like that would be a problem.  What do I
need to install to get the float bowls to sit level?

And, the carbs will sit on the right side of the engine instead of the
original left side.  Is reversing their position a problem?  One is marked
AUD135F and the other AUD135R.  On the new installation, the AUD135F will be
inthe rear and vice versa.  Is this a problem?

Thanks!

--David C.