rear shock mount

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: rear shock mount
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 10:59:20 EDT
I know this isn't really productive and I try not to be negative but I have
to vent:

What is with the design of the rear shock absorber body so the front bolt
head can't be held with a wrench, socket, etc.?  I ended up taking out the
rear one and turning the shock body enough so an open end could be slipped
partway onto the bolt from below but it took forever and should never have
been necessary.  I love these cars as much as the next person on this list
but all of you who insist LBCs are just as well designed as Miatas just a
little older go in the garage and take your rear lever shocks off then put
them back on.  You'll find out why there's not an MG dealership on every
corner.

Whew!  sorry, I just had to get that out of my system.  Boy do my knuckles
hurt today.

Mark M