Re: carb problems.

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>, Gerard <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Subject: Re: carb problems.
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 13:27:30 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, spridgets-mod@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Yep they do. But I've never experienced this before even with those. I can
hold the choke pretty wide open and it will still behave that way.

I capped the body air intakes... it didn't make a difference. I also got
the float right and it still hunts... bad. High RPM... put put put and so
on. Won't accelerate when you open the throttle... it just wants to die. I
adjusted the valves too (they were a little tight), but the head appears to
be all new valve train components, shaft, springs rockers, valves,
everything. I keep thinking it's a vacuum leak, but I can't find a problem
anywhere. Even the throttle shafts seem tight.  Compression is good and the
engine sounds healthy when it revs.

Gerard