Re: shimming oilpressure relief springs?

To: cfchrist@earthlink.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: shimming oilpressure relief springs?
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 09:46:00 EDT
cfchrist@earthlink.net writes:
> the shimming of the spring trick
> works if you have a very - very worn spring and it could use a tad more
> pressure on the valve to regain a reasonable pressure.  but if you have
> decent pressure and are seeking "more pressure" (ok tim allen fans grunt
> along with me...."more power"...lol!) be very carefull !  you could be
> terminating your bay's life early in your search for more when you already
> had enough......

Pressure relief valves are relatively cheap.  Doesn't seem to indicate a
clear thought process to shim and grind when you can just pop a new one in.
Maybe under the influence of tequila or something, but not when thinking
clearly.  That sounds to me akin to sanding off the bearings to make them
smooth. (NO--I don''t even want to hear about it!!)  <G>

--David C.