Brake problems or just drums

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake problems or just drums
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 09:17:55 +0100
Mike,

Your rear wheels should NEVER lock-up first.  This creates a dangerous
imbalance when braking and your rear end will want to travel in front.  (You
spin!)  This needs rectifying immediately.  The front brakes were built to
have braking force greater than the rears and if you are not achieving this
you have a safety related problem.

Please get it rectified asap

Guy R Day

Question about my stock Bugeye:

Under semi-hard breaking my rear wheels tend to lock up first.  The
front tires have never locked up.  This leads me to believe that there
is a problem with my front brakes (and that I am leaving some braking
capability one the table).  I have spent some time debugging the front
brakes - checking them, bleeding them, etc.

While sitting in the office thinking about what to do next I had a
though - maybe this is characteristic of the weak front drums on the
early Sprites.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Thanks, Mike

Guy R Day