Re: [midgetsprite] Re: Floundacious Idea

To: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] Re: Floundacious Idea
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 12:57:16 -0400
Cc: toyman@digitex.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
>> I suppose a web page instead of a list of e-mails would work better.

Well a listserv can work really well for parts if everyone agrees NOT to post
question, comments, and CRAP to the list, and to always send such stuff to the
originator of a 'part' message off-list.  It can really be a lot easier, since
the infrastructure is in place.

Anyone who volunteers to either write a database based application for posting
parts OR maintain a list manually based on people sending emails is NUTS.  The
latter will drive you crazy just in terms of adding and deleting parts.  As to
the former, as a programmer of Internet HTML-based applications I will tell you
that this job will cost you 40 hours of my time at (too much) per hour.  That
does not include the hosting fees or the software that will enable all of this.

A parts list is a good idea.  Moderator should strictly enforce no
messages other than parts.  The only tough part is how to deal with
posting a part, selling it, and then removing it from the list so that
you don't get any more emails/phone calls asking questions about it...

Shane

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.

There is the autojumble@autox.team.net list which is specifically set up
for parts trading.  And it has a searchable, web based archive at
http://www.team.net/archive    mjb.]