Re: [midgetsprite] Re: Floundacious Idea

To: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] Re: Floundacious Idea
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 13:01:41 -0500
Robert Houston wrote:

> One of the folks on the Triumph list had started his own e-bay type list of
> only LBC parts...mostly TR of course.
>
> I have no idea if it still is functional.  The idea wasn't really flying
> high when I left the list.

The problem was the eBay concept. I don't know about you guys, but the stuff in
my shed is not something I am comfortable selling. I don't mind the trading, but
I am NOT a vendor (nor have I played one on TV) and I don't intend to start. I
will gladly trade, but rarely sell. I have sold parts, I have given parts away,
but all in all, I just wanna trade what I think is junk, for something someone
else thinks is junk.
Some things I have, I won't part with (extra Lucas headlamps, Bugeye tach
reduction unit) point is we all have something we treasure out of our junk, but
few of us (chuck excluded) treasure it ALL!! Our Significant Others treasure it
even less!!!
There are some listers that have web sites. Some of them are full of list
related photos and such. I know I have placed the burden on Lord Voldemort to
host photos of my wife's car. Gerard has a photo or two of us and the car in his
site. Anyone else have a website and a desire to get a hell of alot of hits at
their site???
Brad