A day in the life

To: "Spridgets" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: A day in the life
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 22:41:53 -0400
Well, today I lifted her rear end up and crawled under to loosen up some
nuts/bolts for the upcoming spax replacement and rear floor repair.  I
wasn't looking forward to it and anticipated sore arms, but I was pleasantly
surprized.  The 25 year old spax tube shocks were not seized.  The nuts were
not 'easy' to turn, but they weren't difficult either.  I did have to remove
the fuel pump to get access to one.  That went well also.  Three of the four
bolts that hold the forward rear spring mount to the chassis and that can be
accessed from below, turned out easily with my fingers ( after the initial
grunt ).  I had sprayed them with penetrating oil 2 weeks prior.  Except for
the one that required a bit of strength, because the floor wasn't rotten
enough to get me a clear shot at the top of it.  Sprayed and prayed.

I also had put a coupla drops of penetrating oil on the rearmost exhaust
fitting.  It had broken and would need to be removed.  I had given a wimpy
attempt to remove it and it hadn't budged.  Today I found that it had half
removed itself and turned out easily with my fingers.

So, then I had an errand to run, and you can guess what happened after
messing with the fuel pump ground and loosening suspension components.  Yep!
The rad leaked ( very minor ).  My year old soldering job must have gone
south.  I experienced Brad's car's symptoms ( it was hot out ).  The rad
temp had gone up to 'N' and the head temp was at 200.  But Miss Marple was
running great.  I think that she liked the attention.

Later, my daughter played with the antenna on the car, said she hadn't known
that there was a radio.  I said that there is one, but it doesn't work.  She
turned it on and it works.

Washed the car and the water unearthed the back of an earring that my wife
lost a couple of weeks ago.

An LBC kinda day.

Robert Duquette
'65 RHD Sprite