Air conditioning for your Spridget?

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Air conditioning for your Spridget?
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2002 23:03:31 -0400
List

I am doing some work on my A40 and decided to remove the AC system.
It is still charged and works fine.
I am going to offer it for sale to anyone who may want air conditioning
in their A series Spridget. It originally came off a 74 Austin Marina
and will also fit an MGB. I did modify the compressor bracket to fit a
1275.
I am not sure if the condenser will fit a Spridget and the blower will
fit under the dash on the passenger side. I ran the hoses thru the RHD
steering column hole so no holes were drilled. The same should work on a
Spridget.
This is NOT a simple bolt on system, some engineering may be required
for a Sprite. But if you can work on a car, you can adapt this AC unit.
Or if anybody knows of an MGB owner who wants air, let me know.
It is an R-12 system and the hoses are not in the greatest of shape but
it has held feon for 2 years now and will freeze you out of the A40 so
in a Sprite I'm sure it will frost the windows.
Reply off list if interested.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ