Re: Front Springs

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Front Springs
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 01:00:42 EDT
In a message dated 9/8/02 3:07:40 AM, mikeg@vicnet.net.au writes:

<< Geez, you guys have nothing to complain about! I have to keep the
car on the garage floor with tie-downs and bungee cords, otherwise it
down falls down onto the roof. >>

Okay, $m@rt@$$, but does it lean to the right or left, and which side do you
guys drive on anyway?  Our car is pretty straight, but it has never been
subjected to a driver over 200#, and the number of times we have had
passengers over that weight can be counted on our fingers.  On one occasion
there were four of us in it--Bob driving at 180, me on the tunnel at 115, and
another couple about the same size in the passenger seat.  But we didn't go
very far that way.  And all the concrete I ever hauled was equalized across
the rear axle.   We had the leaf and coil springs out and cleaned them up in
1995, but they didn't appear to need replacing.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"
2000 Miata SE Mahogany "The Miata"
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo "The Heep"
1991 Lazy Days (Ford) "The Motorhome"