Ironhead does Battle of the Brits

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Ironhead does Battle of the Brits
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 03:19:16 -0400
Ironhead, with a new red dashboard and the Weber
tuned and running great, went to Battle of the
Brits car show yesterday. The Battle is put on
by the Triumph Club and is one of the really
good
shows of the year. This year, because of the
weather- bright sun and temps in the 90's- the
car count was 434. There were some unusual cars-
a Swallow , a Jowett Jupiter and many others.
There were 11 Bugeyes and about 15 Midgets. The
Bugeyes class was very hard to judge- a very
nice maroon one from Windsor that had an engine
installed on Thursday, tested and tuned on
Friday, won 2nd place; A really complete cream
colored one with the correct jack and tools from
Bay City got 3rd( I hope to have recuited him to
the list), Brian Thornton's blue 100 point car
with everything right and two blue and white
leather helmets got first.
If you like LBC's (duh), you would have had
sensory overload.  We even had 12 Wedges, with 6
TR8's.
Ironhead behaved well, ran fast, and only got two
195 degrees on the way home. I think I will put
an electric fan in over the winter.
If you're near Detroit in early September next
year, you ought to try this show.
I registered Yellow Beauty and planned to take
her to the show, but she decided to have her
fuel pump quit on Friday rigrht in the moddle
replacing the dashboard on Ironhead. Oh well,
there's always next year!

 Roger Cotting
59 Bugeye "Yellow Beauty"
60 Bugeye " Ironhead"