FW: Heater control valve fitting

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Heater control valve fitting
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 12:49:59 -0500 ocal>
From Brashear, Jack, N
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2002 11:17 AM
To: 'SDOliner@aol.com'
Subject: RE: Heater control valve fitting

Hi David, I actually transplanted my Mk2 Sprite heater inside the car just
above the passenger's feet.  This is a definite plus in the winter because it
really keeps the cockpit warm and it allowed me to remove the sheet metal
works over my (Nissan) transmission and replace it with a plywood shelf for
easy access to the tranny.  In the summer I just reroute the heater hose from
the side pipe to the valve thus keeping a flow of coolant from the back of the
cylinder head and keeping hot water out of the cockpit.  There are far too
many details to type about via email, so feel free to phone me at 501-376-3633
office or 501-847-4484 home if you're interested.  Warning...you'll need to do
some sheet metal fabricating and your blower motor will need operate full time
when using the heater.  If you're trying to preserve originality, don't even
think about this project.
Jack