Re: Update on Lost 1500 Head

To: "Spridgets-Autox.team" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Update on Lost 1500 Head
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 15:01:45 -0400
I hate to be the one to play devils advocate here, but since nobody else is,
I guess I will.

Why should FedEx replace the head or pay you more than the insured value? If
it was worth more than $100, you (or the seller at your request) should have
placed a higher insurance value on it. Believe it or not, FedEx has seen
this same thing happen once before and have their terms of service carefully
enough spelled out so that the only thing they will replace is money, and in
the amount limited to the lower of the insured amount or actual cost of the
product. Now if you asked the seller to provide additional insurance and he
didn't, then that is a partially different story. Then FedEx should be
responsible for $100 and the seller for the rest.

And why should the seller pay for it? That's what will happen if you
successfully deny the credit card charge. He actually shipped the goods
(apparantly) that put the charge your credit card.

I'll be wildly surprised if you get anything other than the insured value of
the package ($100 unless otherwise specified and paid for), unless they
actually find the head.

<dnw>

'72 Midget
'98 Safari