Re: No start X2 - Update

To: "Nory" <nory@buffnet.net>
Subject: Re: No start X2 - Update
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 21:29:40 -0500
Cc: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
> The grose jets are stuck!  I thought they were supposed
> to be better than those old needle valves.

I suppose Frank will tell you to dump the GroseJets and go back to the way
the carb was designed. I, on the other hand, will tell to to pull them out,
clean them, make sure you have a good clean fuel filter just before the
carbs and try again. Playing with fuel pumps tends to dislodge a lot of gunk
in the lines and that will clog most any carb.

> Now, on to the other car . . . I wonder if it's grounding
> out internally or something and killing the rest of the system.  I mean,
> before I put it in, the starter was turning the engine just fine -- the
only
> problem was fuel delivery.

Try turning on the headlights and observe what they do when you turn on the
ignition. If the fuel pump is not affecting their performance (unlikely that
it would), it is not likely to affect the starter. If they did, you would
probably be burning up some wiring.

David Lieb