Elkhart Lake

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Elkhart Lake
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 22:45:05 -0500
Wow!  What a day!  My son and I drove the Bugeye to Elkhart Lake and got
to see old friends like John Seaman, Henry Adamson, and Hal Ulrich, who,
in his mid-80's is sharp as a tack and one of the great gentleman of the
sport.  It was really great to see him out and about.

Tom Kovacs invited our Bugeye to park next to Richard Rooks and his
Speedwell Sprite and Bill Emerson and his Silverstone.  What a thrill to
meet these very nice people.  Bill is a stitch and had Adam and I
laughing and feeling like we had known he and his wonderful wife
forever.  And then in walked John Sprinzel and more stories!  I know
have both books autographed and shall never forget this afternoon.  This
is a great hobby w/ great people.......but you all know that.

Team Thicko was out in force and Flounder looked pretty good out there.
 One of our crew, all the way from Ohio, had #3 piston fatigue and #1
was cracking out.  Very strange; as they are Cosworth pistons they may
be difficult to replace.  I didn't get to stick around for the results
and ensuing consumption of carcasses and liquids and the playing of
music but can assure you that a great time will be had by all.

Hopefully this will be updated at weekends conclusion.

Ron and Peter:  met Scott Spranger and gave him the List's address so he
can join the party online as he seems to be as insane as we are.

Dave
59 :{)