Re: No start x2 update

To: conan <conan@intrex.net>
Subject: Re: No start x2 update
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 09:45:55 -0400
Cc: Spridgets List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Ed said:

>  I'd prefer to keep the Tennesse car.  Being a bit of a hotrod, it sounds
>like the more fun ride. :-)
>  Ed in NC

At first thought, I was thinking of unloading the '74; but after thinking it
over, I decided I'd sell the Tennessee car (if the guy is really serious).
It's more fun to drive, with the 5-speed, but the floor's starting to rot (I
bought new floors for the other one a couple years ago, and I'd rather not
again).  It's also always been a pain getting the NYS inspection on it.  A
guy I used to go to always passed it, but he closed up shop now, and it was
failed by the other place I go to.  I suppose I could buy an "illegal"
sticker but, considering my choice of profession, that's probably not a good
idea....

"Technically", it won't pass because the back-up lights, license plate
light, and front plate mounting have been removed.  The car looks a lot
cleaner that way, but not legal in NYS.  The mounting holes have been welded
up, so it's not that simple a matter to put them on either.  It also doesn't
have a heater -- Not required for inspection, but pretty darned handy around
here this time of year (especially in the mornings).  Besides, I've done a
LOT of work on the '74 over the years, and once I get the front end done
(this fall or winter, hopefully) it should be trouble-free (except for the
rust - maybe next year?).

It was nice to have two -- drive one while repairing the other --- but two
cars require twice as much time for maintenance, time that I really haven't
had all summer (mandatory OT at work really kills me).  The extra garage
space will make room for that new 9HP snowblower too (hey, I can drive that
to work if I need to!).

-Nory

NORYS LAWS:
1.  Just because you have found the problem, doesn't mean you've found the
ONLY problem.
2.  Just because it's new doesn't mean it works right.