Re: V-Belts?

To: "esheffield" <esheffield@i-plus.net>, "spridget list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "chuck" <chuckc@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: V-Belts?
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 16:56:37 -0400
yup! an old belt is the ticket to a new belt! and there are cross refrences
for belts from 1 manufacturer to another too.
and if you are beltless a piece of yarn / string / rope wrapped around the
pulleys and where it overlaps take a marker and mark across both pieces of
what ever you are using and wa-la! a mock up belt to take and compare for
length.  now 1 more thing!  belts come in difrent widths!  measure across
the pulley and give them a width of the "V" grove as well.  some of these
parts jockeys are lost without a specific aplication on their computers!
we do not have one is not an acceptable answer.  they probably have 2 or 3
but cannot figure out the right one without their computer telling them what
to do....

chuck