slot cars..

To: "'team-thicko@autox.team.net'" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>, "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: slot cars..
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 12:05:25 -0400
Ok car enthusiasts,,looking for a little wisdom/opinions here.
being CAR enthusists i was hoping i can get some opinions on Slot Cars.
(maybe even LBC slotcars)

We are Finally moving back into the house after last springs fire. One of
the items lost was 3 H.O. slot car sets. knowing very little about slot cars
instead of just going down to the local toy store, we went on e-bay looking
for some sets to see whats available. when i put in "slot cars" allot of
1/32 items came up and they were really neat!! there were NEW healeys, NEW
mini's mga's yada. yada..cool lemans cars, triumphs, jags, vintage cars and
a bunch of cool things.
now heres the question: what to do? buy the old H.O. sets which are somewhat
UN-detailed, UN-challenging, somewhat generic (except for those nascar sets,
ewww.)yet  very available and inexpensive.
Orrr. do we go ahead and buy some kind of 1/32 set for the boys that the
nicer cars can then be shelf displayed?
i remember the H.O. cars as fragile and unreliable after a short time, but
very replacable. the 1/32 stuff seems to be more expensive, are there 1/32
sets available?, i dont have time to "make" a track setup.
would it be better to get the boys ages 11, 13 (&40)  a 1/32 set, or H.O.
set? knowing nothing, i like the 1/32 stuff better, but will it last?
i thought after seeing the cars we like as slot cars it would be cooler for
our kids too.
any opinions?, input?
Robert Kansa