Re: Too fast, too soon

To: jack skeffington <skeffiewa@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Too fast, too soon
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 00:10:52 -0700
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
No, on the MGB, and you probably spun an half shaft which may have
already been weak.  It is simple to replace, and they are inexpensive to
buy, used, as in ebay.  Go for the later half shafts which had the e-17
cast numbers.  They were stronger than the early ones.  All you need
then is to remove the drums and pull the shafts.  One will come out
whole, one won't!  Replacement takes only a thin paper gasket.  While
you are in there, check your brakes!  Not a bad job at all, except for
the gear oil dribbling on your floor.
Bill McLeod
Slightly Classics, Tucson, AZ