RE: Serial #'s and Laguna Seca

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Serial #'s and Laguna Seca
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 16:39:44 -0700
Spridgeteers,

I am certain Gerard is right regarding the serial #s, he knows his stuff.
Whatever Gerard (and a couple of other listers) writes is "Spridget gospel"
for me 8-)

Yes, the chassis/ID number is usually used for the registration document-
even though my Bugeye was registered by the DMV in California using the
original engine number!

The numbers may not usually be as close as Bob C. seems to believe. My
Bugeye has a chassis ID ending with the number 24565, the original engine
number is 24063, the body number 24374, and the stamping 24223.

If any listers has missing plates/numbers, all you need is the original
engine number or/and the chassis/ID, and the British Motor Industry Heritage
Trust will find all the details for you... Address is Banbury Road, Gaydon,
Warwick, CV35 0BJ, England. They have a website too. Fee was forty pounds
when I enquired about my Bugeye, about a year ago.

Changing subjects- I e-mailed the SCCA yesterday and received a prompt reply
this morning saying I could run the Bugeye in Vintage races at Laguna Seca
in two weeks... any lister going? I am seriously thinking of taking some
time off work for that. 8-)

Jacques Le Clainche