Re: axles

To: JHa2297255@aol.com
Subject: Re: axles
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 19:31:29 -0400
Cc: spridgets-digest@autox.team.net
JHa2297255@aol.com wrote:

> Are the breakages mostly a result of higher HP through the dif, or > sticky
>wide tires putting more cornering forces on the axles?

Spirited driving on (up to) 45 year old axles.
I have been snapping them for 30 + years now. And twice I had them break
for no apparent reason (well at that moment anyway but it may have been
due to some spirited driving a day or so before.)
My daughter snapped 2, my wife snapped a couple, it just happens.

ps, my wife and daughter drive like I do :)
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ