Rear main bearing seal kit

To: Spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear main bearing seal kit
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 12:51:45 -0500
Dear List,

I contacted Paul Asgeirsson this morning about his rear main bearing
seal kit.  I am rebuilding a 1275, purchased a gasket set and mistakenly
thought the two sump pan cork strips were the rear main bearing seals.
He explained what his kit does, and then suggested that I ask the list
if they have ever run across any other similar kits that stop the oil
from leaking at rear main bearing.  Paul's taking the chance of losing
sales of his kit, but that's the kind of guy he is - always looking for
other better ways of making the LBC experience a good one for the rest
of us (how's that for a pat on the back, Paul?  Now about that 25%
discount...)  :)

Anyway,  back to the question.  Anybody had experience with a rear
bearing seal kit that WORKS?

Tim C.
'59 Bugeye