Keeping it up

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Keeping it up
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 20:57:53 -0700
Hello,

So I've got a problem keeping it up. MY MIDGET'S HOOD, that is!

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I don't have anything by which to
compare my car!

My Midget has no hood stay. So, i ordered one of the telescopic hood stays
from VicBrit and with the a great deal of zealous, putting-parts-together
excitement, I ran to the garage to install. What should have been really
simple suddenly turned into a head scratcher. there's a bracket on the hood
for the top of the stay to bolt to, but nothing to bolt to on the lower end.
The bracket is on the passenger side of the hood.

So, I thought about it and I think my problem is that I've got something of
a hybrid Midget. The car is a 71, but I've got fenders from an earlier model
year on it.  I guess my question is, where on the 71 SHOULD the lower end of
the hood stay bolt down? Am I missing a bracket that was attached to the
later model fender? Maybe i can fabricate one and bolt it to the fender?
Anyone else have this prob with a mix and match?  Any nifty suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Will
Seattle, Wa.