Re: two 5-sp trannys available

To: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Subject: Re: two 5-sp trannys available
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 14:10:21 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I noticed you didn't mention which Sac Pick-n-Pull they were at.  That's OK
my guess is Sunrise, so when you go tomorow they will be gone.  That will
teach you to go a dumb old football game, UCD will lose anyway.  It's
homecomming at UNR but you won't catch me watching football when there are
trannys to snag in Sac.
        Crash

> I was cruising the Sacramento Pick-and-Pull this morning for latches for a
> forward tilt bugeye bonnet conversion and I found two Datsun 210 sedans
with
> the 5-speed gearboxes(downward pointing oil plugs)  One has 161K and the
other
> has 103K on the odo.  I'm willing to pull them out tomorrow morning if
there
> are two comitted listers in need.  I'll check the oil plugs for hunks of
> teeth, but no warranty expressed or implied, presume them to be in need of
> rebuild. Should be under $100 each not counting shipping.
>
> As I recall I need to get the TO fork, shifter and rear yolk(if available
or
> possible).  If you need more or less, then let me know.  I'm off to the
UCD