Cheap fix floor pans

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cheap fix floor pans
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 22:14:01 -0400
My latest project, a 71 Midget was found to have holy floors.
I didn't fall thru but they are not in the best condition.
So in my quest in keeping with the "We Tight" club, I found a great
inexpensive alternative to buying replacement floors.
So if you want US made galvinized steel floor pans, I can arrange it.
$60 for all 4 pieces. (plus shipping)
These are NOT what the factory used. These are made from 22 gauge
galvinized steel, folded up 1" on all the sides except the edge along
the tunnel. the footwells go up 3" on the toe board.
You can either weld or screw them in for a solid (but not original)
replacement floor.
I did it right over the old swiss cheese floor boards.
I did grind away most of the rust and treat the rust with Rust Mort then
I spread a tripolymer sealer over the old floors (warning this
tripolymer is known to cause cancer but only in California)
I stuck the floors into the tripolymer goop, once dry they are pretty
much glued in. I will probably just zap screw them in a few spots for
added support and maybe weld the lip to the sill.
If interested, email me direct. You may also be able to have these pans
made up locally by any HVAC ductwork fabricator. the tripolymer sealant
is a good grade of brushable seam sealer available at better roffing
suppliers, it is clear, not a tar base.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ