Corner weight conundrum

To: RMSolo RMSolo <rmsolo@rmsolo.org>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Corner weight conundrum
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 11:19:17 -0600
I've been chasing a problem with the Midget that is driving me absolutely
crazy. Essentially the left rear of the car is lower than the right rear
(measured at the rear jacking points) the fronts (measured at the front
jacking points) are equal. There used to be a two inch difference between
rears. I replaced both rear leafs with new 2" lowered springs. (I'd also
done the the fronts with 2" lowered 520# springs) still the left rear was 1
1/2" lower than the right rear. I then put a 3/4" block under the left rear
shackle perch and still had about an inch of difference.
I had the car corner weighed at the race (with me in it @170#s) in this
configuration. The weights were:

LF:504 RF:464

LR:536 RR:364

Since I had a lowering block with me I thought "I'll lower the right rear an
inch and that should give me a level car and shift weight to the right
rear."
We put the block on the right rear, our height difference is now down to
1/2", We take it to the scales and got:

LF:473 RF:497

LR:540 RR:352

Totally unexpected results. I'm pulling out my hair.

Bottom line. Which corner(s) do I lower/raise to equalize this thing better?
--
Jay Shaffer
shaf@zenten.com