Ground straps was Re: melted

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Subject: Ground straps was Re: melted
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 13:33:54 -0400
Peter,

I'm REALLY glad you posted this. That's another thing that struck me at the
time I was pulling my engine - no ground strap. I meant to ask where one should
go. Coincidentally I was missing one of the clutch slave bolts too. Where on
the body should it connect?

Also, where should the battery ground cable attach - mine (a 1971) is currently
connected to the rear-most exhaust manifold stud. But I don't think that's
right.

Wonder where I've been getting my ground from? I probably don't want to know!
Might explain why I get a pretty significant voltage drop (about 2 volts or
more) as the turn signals flash!

Thanks,

Eddie
1971 Midget - "Bebop"