Re: Non-LBC but vaguely related.

To: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>, "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Non-LBC but vaguely related.
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 16:37:08 -0800
David,

Fiberglass insulation and 5/8 sheetrock (minimum) is definately a good
idea, not only for insulation purposes, but also for fire protection... and
that'a a GOOD place to have as much of that as possible. I had a house
directly behind mine go up a few years ago when gas furnace ignited
gasoline fumes from the guy working on his motorcyle. He's not around to
give advice anymore either. I don't know codes in your area, but here the
flame needs to be something like 18" from the floor. Fumes can creep along
the floor and ignite from an open flame.

Gerard