Re: Big Brakes kit

To: "Moomaw, Mike" <Mike.Moomaw@usi.net>
Subject: Re: Big Brakes kit
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 11:17:01 -0800
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Mike,

I've got a stock weight bugeye (driver is slightly over stock weight), stock
master cylinder for the bugeye, stock rear brakes(very carefully rebuilt),
and spridget front disc brakes.  The brake pedal is hard, engages smoothly
and predictably, and stops me easily.  I have brakes to spare and I flog my
Sprite as hard as most.  Since I've never found the brakes to be wanting in
any practical non-race usage, I've never paid much attention to the big
brake 'disc'ussions.  I'll leave it to racers to speak for racing needs.  If
you can lock up 165's easily, how much more brake do you need on a car like
this?

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 bugeye