Re: Big Brakes kit

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Big Brakes kit
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 12:37:00 -0800
Bill,

Another alternate solution is to add a brake servo. I wasn't really sure
how good these were until I installed one on a Morris Minor (with Spridget
front discs). I was astounded at how much difference it made. It will
likely cost you less and requires only some reworking of the brake line
circuits and possibly an inline pressure valve for the rear shoes. It made
the car feel like a modern car as far as brake effort and stopping is
concerned. The kit can be purchased for under $300 and was original
equipment on some cars Brit cars like the Mini.

The correct pads will make a difference huge difference on a stock setup too.

Gerard