Re: Saudi oil

To: "Nory" <nory@buffnet.net>
Subject: Re: Saudi oil
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 17:18:32 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
True enough. But I watched a documentary on the Hindenburg a while back and at
least some of the latest research places the blame for starting the fire on the
paint. I can't remember what exactly was in it, but they said it was like
painting it with TNT. They tested a piece of similar fabric with the same paint
on it and POOF! There were several other factors they considered from the film
footage that seems to indicate that the hydrogen didn't go up first - the
visible flames from the very beginning (hydrogen burns clear) and the way it
kind of settled to the ground rather than BAM! THUD!

And having singed all the hair off one arm at one time due to some carelessness
with gasoline fumes and my sister in law barely escaping major damage to
herself and her house in a similar but separate incident, I don't know that
hydrogen would be much worse! ;-)

Eddie
1971 Midget "Bebop"