Re: rubberized hieroglyphics

To: "Chris King" <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: rubberized hieroglyphics
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 19:07:46 -0000
Not sure I agree with this Chris.  The width across the points you
describe will vary depending on various other factors, e.g. width of
rim it is fitted to ( I know there are recommended rims for any given
width of tyre, but the recommendatuion is usually a range of rim
sizes); pressure the tyre is run at and weight of vehicle.

The actual tread width is a fixed amount for any tyre size, and seems
to me to be more accurate.

Still, I'm being pedantic I guess!

I agree your version of the profile % calculation.

What we need is someone running a 205 tyre to go and measure it!

Guy