NO LBC...Home Heater Parts Needed

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: NO LBC...Home Heater Parts Needed
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 23:24:43 EST
Sorry to bomb the list with non-car topics...but I need your collective help.

I have an antique gas room heater...of the type I grew up with in Texas.  The
sove has a burner across the bottom but is missing the ceramic mantels that
used to disperse the flames and heat up to heat the room.

ANybody know of a source for replacement mantels?

Just to be sure, does everyone know what a mantle is?  Not the wooden shelf
over the fireplace folks, but the ceramic thing in old stoves, or the fabric
sock in a gas lantern.

Any help on new or used replacements would be appreciated.  Then only problem
with replacement is that they came in a wide variety of styles and sizes.
Surely there is a market for these.  Lord knows I need some!

Robert Houston

"Honesty is the best politics"
Stan Laurel