Re: Garage Heating

To: HealeyRic2@aol.com
Subject: Re: Garage Heating
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 19:31:31 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
HealeyRic2@aol.com wrote:

> BF kerosene heaters might provide enough heat to work during a New
> England winter?  Any other suggestions?

check the local large heating contractor's shop in your area.
they throw away outdated furnaces, gas if you have it, or an old oil
burner. The oil burner will run on kero, diesel, and you can mix used
motor oil with it and turn that into BTUs too.
they have to pay to dispose of them around here, they might be happy to
give you one of the better units if you pick it up and take it off their
hands. I am waiting for an air handler for my garage to use as a
ventilation system. The HVAC shop has some really beat working units but
told me to wait til the dead of winter when they change out alot of
them. Better pickins. I'm in no rush.
If you do get a hot air furnace, you might ask for an old plenum too,
just let it blow out the top and suck in from the bottom. Stick a filter
over the intake and you have heat with minor dust control.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ