Re: For sale

To: spritenut@Exit109.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: For sale
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 22:50:33 EST
Hello Frank and list,-----Same situation here in Kansas with me. My Bugeye is
titled Han6xxx and is registered as a 1962. I just found another one in a
barn with a more logical registration.BTW , the data plate and the "secret
number" stamped into the sheet metal on this barn find are 300 numbers
apart.That is the most I have ever seen. Actually, I bought it just for the
transmission and engine. One thing I think we all should keep in mind is that
the insurance folks might have different rates for the two basic body styles.
A lot more square body styles were built than Mk 1's. I can just see their
reaction when it comes to a claim,-"why, that's not a '62, it's really a '59
MK1 Bugeye" Of course, a series of photos sent in when you first apply for
insurance would, I  hope, make thing clearer. Is the insurance industry
really this introspective or is all this title mismatch  that much of an
issue? Would any of you buy a nice Bugeye titled 1967MG?----------------Bob C
in Kansas