Re: front suspension bushings (Warning--LBC content)

To: "Ed Townley" <Townley@zianet.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: front suspension bushings (Warning--LBC content)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 15:03:56 -0800
Polyurethane bushing are still on the soft side if you're looking for
handling improvements. Moly impregnated ones or Delrin are more desirable
for a firmer handling. I forget the correct name for them but they are
available from places like Winner's Circle and probably Minimania. All mine
are put together with the firmer ones so I can't compare ride
characteristics, but the ride is probably a little harsher at the same time.

Gerard

At 1:46 PM -0700 11/26/02, Ed Townley wrote:
>Spidgiteers:
>
>I am in the midst of major transplant of a rebuilt and balanced 67
>1275cc with ribcase tranny under the bonnet of the 59 frogeye, and am
>also replacing front suspension with discs from a 76 donor car.  As I
>sit here staring at the replacement bushings (rubber) for the A arms,
>Upper and Lower, I recall some discussion on the big Healey list about
>the superiority of polyurethane bushings as far as handling and
>durability.  Opinions ??
>
> I couldn't find a thread in the archives, so must apologize If I am
>plowing recently plowed ground.
>
>TIA
>
>Ed in SO NM, USA
>
>59 AN5
>
>64BJ8
>
>55 FX3 Austin Taxi

Search for Low Airfares, Great Hotel Deals,
Car Rental Discounts and Vacations and Cruises
http://partner.onetravel.com/go/go.cfm?GoID=32421

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A
  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com