Re: Do an LBC have soul?

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>, Sprite "és" Midget Lista <spridgets@autox.team.net> FreeWeb Explorer 6.0 HUN; Q312461) 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id gARHNbv6032445
Subject: Re: Do an LBC have soul?
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 18:17:43 +0100 (CET)
Hi Bob,

"Sir Bors" has covered up more than 1500 miles since the
restoration ended. During this time no major problem
occured (one underestimated fuse was blown, so I must have
changed it, and one connection of the oil-cooler was loose,
so it was dropping oil. Fixed it. Nothing else). Now that
the Sprite was put down to a friend's garage, I decided to
check the Mini throughly. I was headed for he garage even
when the brakedown occured. Since then no stoping: when I
collected the car, it developed some strange noice in the
engine-bay when changing gears (some bumping-knocking
sound - I think the upper engine stabilisator will be the
weak point), and when I wanted to stop at my garage, the
brake-pedal droped to the floor... err... it must have soul
within, and this soul is hurt by something.
By the way, the engine has a strange burnt smell. I have
never smellt anything like this before. I will keep on
searching for the bug.

Best to You:

FGG & "Sir Bors the Smallest Knight Around the Table"

'64 Morris Mini 850 (MG Mini)
'70 Austin Healey Sprite

Robert E. Shlafer <PilotRob@webtv.net> mrta: