Re: RE: Garage for LBCs

To: jleclainche@cox.net, "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: RE: Garage for LBCs
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 03:32:52 -0500
Having just built one ( tried to include what
the listers said) here goes: build it as big as
you can, it will seem small soon enough, highest
eave height for lift, put heat in concrete floor
( I didn't), put 2" blue foam insulation under
floor, don't forget sides of footings, use
whatever construction that's good for you and
your site/house, I used Miracle Trussbuilding
package and would recommend it, 6" floor with 2'
x 2' x 2'locks under the floor for lift, 100 amp
service,220 source for welding and compressor,
as any outlets as you can put in (I have 14
sites with 4 outlets/ea), put an outlet outside,
put an air drop with each outlet, build a
structure outside your garage for the compressor
or insulate (for sound) a separate structure
inside, put an apron outside your garage of 10-
15 ' wide, insulate well(R-30 for ceiling and R-
19 for walls in Michigan), lite color for walls
and ceiling, use wall covering to hang stuff on
(I am using pegboard for first 8'), lots of
benches about 30" high x 24" or 36 deep, one
bench should be steel topped, floor should be
lite gray or some lite color, paint with 2 part
epoxy with some form of non-slip substance in
paint, lift area can be tiledwith black and
white tile (K-Mart or Wally world is good
source) doors(minimum 2 10x10 and a man door)
track should follow trusses if used, insulated
in Michigan, lift (I am using a 2 post 9000# one)
there are arguments for both 2 and 4 posts,
plumbing for toilet, sink, and shower, separate
two sink set up for shop, refigerator,
microwave, cable for TV and computer, separate
area for TV and drawing board, lites are 8' high
output florescents or use hi bay halide if you
can get them, 4' shop lites over benches,and
hand carved sign saving " Roger's Bugeye Corral"
over door.
Good luck and lister feel free to chime in(as if
you need permission!)
Roger Cotting
59 Bugeye "Yellow Beauty"
60 Bugeye " Ironhead"