Re: GSA Auctions (Cars but no LBC)

To: PilotRob@webtv.net
Subject: Re: GSA Auctions (Cars but no LBC)
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 11:15:14 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 12/12/2002 5:59:30 AM Mountain Standard Time,
PilotRob@webtv.net writes:

> The government will not allow the military
> (one of their duties is to guard the countries "shores") to go down
> there and
> help the Border Patrol (woefully understaffed to handle this) put a stop
> to illegal passage due to "political and
> cultural" issues, as one investigating
> Congressman put it.....ridiculous
> situation!!

Actaually,

I do understand this.  Border Patrol and police in general are trained to be
"police" and to enforce laws in a fairly peaceable manner.  Soldiers of any
sort, God bless them, are trained primarily to kill the enemy.  99% of the
folks sneaking across the border are farm workers, maids, or merely relatives
coming for a visit.

No, I don't think we should let them come across, but the answer, at this
point in time is not the military.  Perhaps some economic pressure on Mexico
to stop it from their side.  It should have been part of NAFTA.

The Border Patrol ranks have also been decimated by the creation of TSA and
many jumped to new jobs there as a way to get promoted....air marshalls make
big $.

Robert

"Honesty is the best politics"
Stan Laurel