Re: 1275 valve seals

To: "Guy Weller" <guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk>, "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1275 valve seals
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 16:07:33 -0500
umm me thinks that evryone is missing one thing on the exhaust theory?  if
proper system fabrication has been achieved there is some "vaccume" in the
exhust port due to "scavenging".  and this will draw oil down the guide into
the port.    evryone is under the assumption that intake side has a negative
pressure and the exhaust side has positive pressure.   in basic tehory that
is the easiest way to understand what is going on .   but not always true.
proper exhaust design will have one cylinder exiting out the exhaust and
causing negative pressure at another exhaust port in order to "scavenge" the
exiting gasses from the next cylinder.   there is much written on exhaust
pulses and the right tubing size for what displacement and what length of
tubing to tune for what rpm range that the engine is built for optimum
performance.  in my two stroke race car this is evrything!  along with the
need to get a long enough tube to deter "reversion".
reversion is where a hot gas exiting a tube is so hot that when it hits the
atmosphere it actually gets a "shock" from the temperature change and sends
a pulse back up the exhaust system.   this is obviously very undesireable!
there is a need for the gasses to cool enough traveling down the tube in
order to deter reversion.
there is a ton of information on this stuff .  although it's pretty heavy
reading if you can not apply it to anything you own?

chuck.
umm i tried to simplify it as best as i could.....(allen checks out way too
many web sites, i read way-way too much!  lol!)