RE: Frogeye vin and register

To: "Jacques Le Clainche" <jleclainche@cox.net>, "Jorge Garcia" <fortee9er@yahoo.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Frogeye vin and register
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 11:08:17 -0800
Jacque and Jorge.

Actually _only_ the right hand door plate is useful in researching a
chassis ID number from BMIHT. The number begins with "BAE" if it is the
correct door plate.

Gerard
http://www.gerardsgarage.com

At 7:55 AM -0800 12/22/02, Jacques Le Clainche wrote:

... the BMIHT (British
>Motor Industry  Heritage Trust) in England can give you all relevant "build
>sheet" identification from either the body number (plate fixed nside the
>door pillar),
>
>Jorge wrote:
>...[snip] I have a deposit on a old
>Frogeye racecar but the owner's widow can't find the
>title to the car and I can't find a vin plate anywhere
>on the car. Is the vin stamped anywhere on the car? [snip]

Search for Low Airfares, Great Hotel Deals,
Car Rental Discounts and Vacations and Cruises
http://partner.onetravel.com/go/go.cfm?GoID=32421

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A
  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com