Re: click-adjust.

To: "Bill L" <pythias@pacifier.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: click-adjust.
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 01:20:14 -0500
Calibrate it yourself... simply as thus....
stack two feeler gauges .010 and .020
in the valve/tappet spacing snug down to
your own feeling of 'snug'   then remove
the 010 and leave the 020 in place.
Count the clicks to tighten it against just the
020 feeler in place.  Divide 010 by the number
of clicks and you have your 'per click' dimension
of adjustment.

My problem with the tool... a bit fumbly as you
still need to hold the screw still while you tighten
the nut.  And damn if my handle didn't break right
off at the weld, half way through the first 4 cyl I did.
It's now just a dust collector in my toolbox... little more.

as usual...a Good idea...but not so great an execution.

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com