RE: bugeye racing history-proper documentation?

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: bugeye racing history-proper documentation?
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 11:32:34 -0800
Spridgeteers,

Bob, Bill, Chuck, William, etc... Thanks for all the suggestions.

My Bugeye was raced from 1960 to early 1972- so it only had a log book for a
short time- and this was lost... As for the original roll bar - when the car
was sold to the third, non-racing owner, the roll bar was taken out and
sold... so if it ever had a number stamped on it, that is lost too! To
complicate matters, both first and third owner are deceased. The second
owner moved states, is still involved with SCCA as an official, but was not
responsive to my calls for more info... He won the Castrol Winter Series (HP
class) just before selling the car in 1972. May be if I offer him money for
the trophy? 8-)))

The irony is that the only photo I have of my car in racing (Riverside, July
1968) was taken for someone who co-drove that day (and a few more times with
the original owner) but never owned the Bugeye!

Jacques