Re: 12CC 1275 question

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: 12CC 1275 question
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 16:27:59 -0500
Cc: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>, spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, team-thicko@autox.team.net
Ron

I am running a 12cc block. I don't babay it but I also don't race it.
This past summer I cooked it to 100 psi (temp went up to the oil
pressure number) coming home from the PA rally. It still runs fine.
Infact I had it out in the snow today trying my intermittent wipers in
the real world. Besides, I had some running to do and the truck is no
fum ever.
I also have a Gold Seal 12cc engine that was hill climbed back in the
late 60s. It too runs fine.
My first Sprite had a 12cc engine. I was 17, nobody can beat a car worse
then a 17 year old! Never a lower end problem.
Of course when I was 18 I bought a Spitfire 1500, and yes, I spun a main
bearing on that engine at 11,000 miles.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ