Re: Ugh

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ugh
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 23:55:43 -0500 FILETIME=[F55DE440:01C2B608]
Yes, I'm aware of this, though since it lists a number of piddly
inspections/cleanings, if the tensioner was on the MC it seems reasonable
that it would be listed also. Of course there could be a separate service
bulletin on the subject issued later, but wasn't available to whoever set up
the webpage. WRT belt tensioner adjustments, I'm not familiar with the
Volvo's, but of the few I am, all are self adjusting, so short of a wobbly
and/or noisy pulley, I can see a mechanic missing it unless he makes a point
of carefully inspecting it. Then there's the issue of a new part over
stressing a worn one.....

Regardless, I'm with ya'll, this ain't right, and Volvo should take care of
Phil and issue a service bulletin/recall as required. And if they already
have, then that's what lawyers are for if the dealer continues to balk.

GM