Re: Ugh

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ugh
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 00:21:59 EST
In a message dated 1/6/03 7:27:42 PM, PilotRob@webtv.net writes:

<<  I wonder how many
more "Gerard's" there are out there in
this respect and how many more Volvo
owners having different models with
the same set-up as the '98 V70R have
run into the same situation. >>

In all fairness, I suspect that Gerard probably is as savvy an owner as you
are going to find anywhere; however it does seem that there is a problem when
the dealer who has cared for a four year old car since it was new says he
isn't responsible for his own foul up.  Seems to me he is responsible, and
that there are laws to force responsibility, at least there are in
California.  Phil is right now between a rock and a hard place in that if he
goes in and "corrects" the problem and it doesn't completely fix it, he may
devalidate his warranty.  Even if he completely fixes it, the dealer,
possibly rightfully, doesn't have to accept responsibility for what Phil
messed with.  In any event, I hope Phil sees what legal recourse he has
before he does anything to the car.  It would seem that he should be
protected from the dealer's ineptitude.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"