engine assembly lube

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: engine assembly lube
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 12:03:15 EST
I have a plastic can of specific engine assembly lube I will look at tonight
but the details aren't super important, there are several good brands.  I do
think it's important to use the real stuff, no offense to the grease and oil
potion guys but I think that's a mistake.  Engine assembly lube is
attrociously sticky.  You could use it as glue for papers. You can't scrape
it off with a fingernail.  This is what keeps it on the metal surfaces during
the period before you run it but more importantly the few seconds after you
start it.  It's especially helpful to rings losing their virginity on the way
up a fresh bore.  There's a dead fly on the outside of my plastic can of it
that's been there during three moves to new houses and countless drops of the
tube, this is special stuff for sure. You've got 3500 or whatever in your
motor, drop the 3.25 on the good stuff in my opinion.

Mark M.