New LBC made it home

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: New LBC made it home
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 14:04:01 -0800
The Austin A35 made it halfway home before boiling over,  the cell phone and
AAA unlimited towing option took care of the rest of the trip.  While
heading up the freeway to Davis with the Austin on the AAA flatbed, we
passed another AAA flatbed with what looked to be an old Jag heading the
other way.  Strange.

So far I've managed to solve most of potential restoration problems with
information I gleaned from this list.  Joe Curto will rebush and shaft the
Zenith 26 carb (I learned from the list that a 'hunting' idle is indicative
of lean mixture and/or air leaks.  Sure enough the throttle shaft and carb
body hole are both seriously worn.), McGregor's antique car rubber catalogue
is on the way, a lister put me in touch with a guy who knows a guy(etc) that
may be able to chase down a grille for me, and no less than three listers
have sites that tell me paint codes for "Country Cream".

I actually drove it to work on Monday to show around found one very strange
thing.  The smoothcase tranny shifts perfectly and DOES NOT WHINE in any
gear.  Something must be very wrong with it.

Can a lister recommend a chrome plater on the west coast that has done good
work on English parts?

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 bugeye
'59 Morris Traveller (Winifred)
'58 Austin A35 (no name as yet, though 'Bruce' has been suggested)gratuitous
Monty Python reference.