Re: now SUV rage*

To: shaf@zenten.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: now SUV rage*
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 21:27:00 EST
In a message dated 1/10/03 10:01:36 AM Eastern Standard Time, shaf@zenten.com
writes:
> To take the radical opposite view.
>
> My stalwart philosophy; The faster we use all the oil up, the faster we
> will
> have an viable alternative fuel source.
>
> Secondly; Get your nose outta my gas tank. If I want to pay $5 a gallon and
> get 10mpg, what business is it of yours?

I have a practical solution to the problem.  And it isn't something I just
now came up with regarding this debate.  I think there should be two separate
gasoline pumping areas at a gasoline station with dedicated pumps.   One area
would be for automobiles that were rated for 30+ miles per gallon at the
going gasoline rate of, say, $1.35 a gallon (regular) or less.  The other
would be for automobiles that were rated for under 30 mpg, and the per gallon
rate would be in the neighborhood of $1.60-$1.80 or so.

My philosophy is that if you make the choice to drive a hog, then you should
pay the price.

--David C.
"When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one
 individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command.
 Very often, that individual is crazy."